– COVID-19 passport is in use in the instructed classes and ball sports shifts, except open badminton shifts. Identification card will be checked with the COVID-19 passport. COVID-19 passport is not required from gym users.
– Users of the sport services shall follow the instructions given by the CampusSport staff.
– CampusSport reserves the right for schedule exceptions in terms of classes and facilities, and for permanent and/or temporary changes in the schedules. CampusSport tries to notify its customers of any changes in the class schedules well in advance.
– The right to use the sports services is personal and shall not be handed over to another person. A user may not let anyone who hasn’t the right to use the sports services to enter the sports facilities.
– Upon request of the supervisors of the sports facilities or the instructor of the class, users of the sports services shall also show their personal ID card.
– After the ban has terminated, the customer can regain the right to use the services by paying for the services according to the price list.
– Sports and course fees are reimbursed only in cases of illness (course fees in case the customer misses more than 50% of the course meetings, sports fees in case the customer misses more than 50% of the paid season). A doctor’s certificate is always required. CampusSport is not obliged to refunds in force majeure situations. If the minimum number of participants in a course is not reached, the course can be cancelled and in this case the paid course fees are returned.
– Users can reserve a place to CampusSport’s weekly classes 7 days before the class takes place in CampusSport’s electronic system. You need to make a reservation at the latest 30 minutes before the class or shift starts. Every customer can have up to four (4) reservations and five (5) queue slots at the same time. Enrollment for the courses starts at latest 14 days before the course starts. The participants will get a verification on whether the course will take place at least 3 working days before the course starts.
– In case of hindrance, reservations shall be cancelled in the electronic system at least 2 hours before the class starts. Also those, who get a place from the queue, shall cancel the reservation at least 2 hours before the class starts. (If you have already made other plans or can’t follow if you will get a notification about receiving a place, you shall CANCEL your queue slot.)
– You need to sign in to the sports shifts by using the key tag and the touch screen at the customer service desk. The reservation shall be confirmed in the sports facility at least 10 minutes before the class starts. If the reservation is not confirmed, the place will be released to other users. The gym reservations are an exception; see the details below.
– Two uncancelled or unconfirmed reservations lead to an automatic two-week reservation ban. Uncancelled reservations are reset at the end of autumn and spring semesters.
– All weekly classes can also be attended without booking in advance (excluding the courses). 70 % of available places in each class can be pre-reserved through the electronic reservation system. The remaining places are available on a first come, first served basis. Badminton and padel are exceptions: all courts / places can be reserved in advance. A queue slot booked in the electronic reservation system applies only for places available in the electronic system, not the 30 percent available before the class starts. Advance registration is not in use for the following services: morning classes, Just for fun, Outdoor Workout, Stair Workout, independent shift at Sport Sirkka.
– Arrive at the sports location at least 10 minutes before the class starts. After this, you can no longer enter a class.
– Use a sweat towel on the classes (also on top of the gym mat).
– Users should not leave the class before it ends.
– At pump classes and other classes where equipment is used, the users shall take care of taking back the equipment after the class ends. For security reasons, equipment shall not be moved before or during stretching.
– During stretching, avoid unnecessary chatter and moving around. Using mobile phones is not allowed during the classes.
– You can get to know the instructed classes only by taking part, which means that you can’t come and watch a class.
– At Educarium and Aurum gyms the reservation system is in use and the number of people is limited. At Educarium there can be max. 10 people at the gym at the same time, at Aurum 20. If there are places available on the touch screen, you can take one of them without making a reservation in advance. Note that people who have made reservations can come to the shift after it has started, and their reservations will be valid until end of the shift. This means that you can check if there are available places only on the touch screen, you cannot count the number of people who are in the gym. You have to leave the workout area by the time your reservation ends. At Educarium and Aurum gyms you need to sign in to the shifts by using the key tag and the touch screen. Please note that you need to select and confirm the shift on the screen.
– At Formis and Roddis gyms there are no reservations. There can be max. 10 people at these gyms at the same time. If you arrive at the gym and there are already 10 people there, you must wait until someone leaves before entering the gym. Touch screens are not in use at these gyms. It is enough that you show your tag key to the electronic reader at the gym door. Everyone who goes in needs to show their tag, even if they get in with another person and do not need to open the door.
– Note! The CampusSport sports fee does not cover any insurance, so verify your own insurance cover in terms of sports.