Educarium, Formis, Roddis and Ruiskatu gyms will open Fri 7 May 2021. Asa gym will stay closed due to Åbo Akademis decision. This piece of news contains information about the gym rules and special arrangements during the corona pandemic. There is a lot of new information and it is very important that you read everything through carefully. We reserve the right to change the special arrangements on a short notice if the corona situations changes. Our other facilities stay closed, only the gyms will open. We will organise some outdoor courses with separate fees in June and July. We will give out more information about the courses later.
Those who have paid the sports fee for the academic year or spring get to use the gyms until 29 Aug 2021. If you have paid the fee for the academic year or spring you do not need to do anything in order to activate your key tag, it will be done automatically to tags that have already been in use. Note that if you paid the fee for the first time this spring and did not activate the tag in our customer service, you need to do so in order to get in to the gyms.
Those who have not paid the sports fee for the academic year or for spring can use the gyms during the summer if they pay a separate fee. The price of the summer season is 30 euros. Last day of the season is 29 Aug 2021. When you pay the fee note that CampusSport is not obliged to make refunds in force majeure situations and in case we have to close the gyms again, we will not extend the length of the season.
You can come to the gym only if you have made a reservation in advance
There can be max. 8 people in the gym at the same time. You can come to the gym only if you have made a reservation in advance in the electronic reservation system. This applies to all the gyms. Even if you see at the gym door that there are less than 8 people in at that moment, you cannot go in without a reservation.
– Reservations are made in the CampusSport electronic reservation system. Link to the reservation system is on our web page: choose “reserve a class” and log in with your university’s Haka credentials.
– There are 1 hour and 1.5 hours reservations available.
– You can make reservations 7 days onwards. Every customer can have up to four (4) reservations. In addition, you can queue for four (4) reservations.
– You can make reservations until the shift starts. If you need to cancel your reservation, you need to do that at the latest 60 minutes before the shift starts. Note that if you are in queue, it is possible that you will get a place 60 minutes before the reservation begins. If you are not willing to go to the gym on that short a notice, make sure that you cancel your queue place in time (at the latest 60 minutes before the shift starts).
– Reservations DO NOT need to be confirmed in the touch screen. It is enough that you show your tag key to the electronic reader at the gym door. Everyone who goes in needs to show their tag, even if they get in with another person and do not need to open the door.
– You do not have to go in to the gym exactly when your shift starts if you do not want to spend the entire 1.5 hours in the gym. You cannot enter the workout area before your shift starts. It is extremely important that you leave the workout area by the time your reservation ends. This way we make sure that as few people as possible will be exposed to corona virus, should there be an exposure.
– The customers who break the rule and use the gym without a reservation will lose the right to use the services for two weeks. If the same customer breaks the rule again, they will get a three-month ban from using the services or buying additional services. After the ban has ended, the customer needs to pay the sports fee in order to start using the services again.
– If you have graduated and your HAKA credentials are no longer in use but you have paid the sports fee for the academic year 20-21 or for spring 2021 you can book gym shifts by sending an email to email@example.com. Tell your whole name and your old university email address in the message. Let us know all the bookings that you want to make for the following seven days. In addition to max. four booking requests, let us know your second choice gyms and times in case the shifts you requested are not available. We handle the bookings on weekdays between 9am and 3pm. The bookings are valid only once they have been confirmed via email. If you need to cancel a reservation, please let us know as soon as possible.
Gym opening hours
Educarium: Mon-Fri 7.30 am-10 pm, Sat-Sun 10 am-10 pm
Formis: Mon-Sun 7 am-11 pm, entry until 10.30 pm
Roddis: Mon-Fri 6 am-11 pm, Sat-Sun 8 am-11 pm, entry until 10.30 pm
Ruiskatu: Mon, Wed, Fri and Sun 6 am -10 pm
Educarium gym might be closed for a few days in May and June due to the entrance examinations of the University of Turku. These dates, as well as all other possible exceptions in the opening hours will be updated to the page Gyms as soon as we receive the information.
Customer service hours
CampusSport’s customer service in Educarium is open on Thursdays at 3pm-5pm for the time being. Customer service will open in week 19. If you are a new customer, remember to activate your tag in the customer service in order to get in to the gyms. Instructions on how to pay the sports fee and buy a tag are available on page Info.
Special arrangements in the gyms
There are some special arrangements in the sports facilities in order to secure safe environment. If these rules are not obeyed, CampusSport might have to close the gyms.
– Do not come to the gym if you are ill, not even if you only have mild symptoms.
– You need to wear a mask in the changing rooms and corridors. Wear a mask also during the workout, if possible. We recommend that you use a surgical mask.
– Keep a safety distance of 2 meters at all times. Take care of good hand hygiene.
– The amount of cleaning has been increased and in addition to the regular cleaning in the morning, the staff disinfects door handles and other surfaces.
– As always, everyone is obliged to clean the equipment after use with disinfectant and paper towels. The number of disinfectants has been increased.
– The equipment that cannot be cleaned properly (e.g. textiles) have been removed from the gyms.
– The supervising of the gyms has been increased, and the staff will make sure that the rules are being followed (e.g. the cleaning of the equipment).
– If possible, we would like you to come to the sports facilities with your training clothes already on in order to avoid unnecessary time in the changing rooms. We recommend that you take a shower at home.
– If you at any point get a positive corona test result, make sure to tell the health officials all the dates and times when you have visited the gyms. Your past reservations are listed in the electronic reservation system (Avoinna24): choose My pages and My reservations.