Educarium, Formis and Roddis gyms will open Tue 23 Feb 2021. Asa gym will stay closed due to Åbo Akademi’s decision. Ruiskatu gym will be opened too, but the details are still under negotiation with Turku Vocational Institute. The opening date and opening hours of Ruiskatu gym will be updated later. This piece of news contains information about the gym rules and special arrangements during the corona pandemic. There is a lot of new information and it is very important that you read everything through carefully. We reserve the right to change the special arrangements on a short notice if the corona situations changes. Our other facilities stay closed, only the gyms will open. We can probably start offering badminton shifts in the beginning of March. We will give out more information about this later.
You can come to the gym only if you have made a reservation in advance
There can be max. 8 people in the gym at the same time. You can come to the gym only if you have made a reservation in advance in the electronic reservation system. This applies to all the gyms. Even if you see at the gym door that there are less than 8 people in at that moment, you cannot go in without a reservation.
– Reservations are made in the CampusSport electronic reservation system. Link to the reservation system is on our web page: choose “reserve a class” and log in with your university’s Haka credentials.
– There are 1 hour and 1.5 hours reservations available.
– You can make reservations 7 days onwards. Every customer can have up to four (4) reservations. In addition, you can queue for five (5) reservations.
– You can make reservations until the shift starts. If you need to cancel your reservation, you need to do that at the latest 60 minutes before the shift starts. Note that if you are in queue, it is possible that you will get a place 60 minutes before the reservation begins. If you are not willing to go to the gym on that short a notice, make sure that you cancel your queue place in time (at the latest 60 minutes before the shift starts).
– Reservations DO NOT need to be confirmed in the touch screen. It is enough that you show your tag key to the electronic reader at the gym door. Everyone who goes in needs to show their tag, even if they get in with another person and do not need to open the door.
– You do not have to go in to the gym exactly when your shift starts if you do not want to spend the entire 1.5 hours in the gym. It is extremely important that you leave the workout area by the time your reservation ends.
– The customers who break the maximum rule will lose the right to use the services for two weeks. If the same customer breaks the rule again, they will get a three-month ban from using the services or buying additional services. After the ban has ended, the customer needs to pay the sports fee in order to start using the services again.
Gym opening hours
Educarium: Mon – Fri 7.30am-10pm, Sat – Sun 10am-10pm
Formis: Mon – Sun 7am-11pm, entry until 10.30pm
Roddis: Mon – Fri 6am-11pm, Sat – Sun 8am-11pm, entry until 10.30pm
Ruiskatu: Mon, Wed, Fri and Sun 6am-10pm (starting from 24 Feb)
Customer service hours
CampusSport’s customer service in Educarium is open on Mon, Wed and Fri at 3pm-5pm. Service hours are valid from 22 Feb 2021. If you are a new customer, remember to activate your tag in the customer service in order to get in to the gyms. Instructions on how to pay the sports fee and buy a tag are available on page Info. The outside door to Educarium is locked, so if you do not have a tag, call 050 327 5665 when you are at the door and the customer service person will let you in. Instructions on how to get to Educarium are available on page Facilities.
Special arrangements in the gyms
There are some special arrangements in the sports facilities in order to secure safe environment. If these rules are not obeyed, CampusSport might have to close the gyms.
– Do not come to the gym if you are ill, not even if you only have mild symptoms.
– You need to wear a mask in the changing rooms and corridors. Wear a mask also during the workout, if possible. We recommend that you use a surgical mask.
– Keep a safety distance of 2 meters at all times. Take care of good hand hygiene.
– The amount of cleaning has been increased and in addition to the regular cleaning in the morning, the staff disinfects door handles and other surfaces.
– As always, everyone is obliged to clean the equipment after use with disinfectant and paper towels. The number of disinfectants has been increased.
– The equipment that cannot be cleaned properly (e.g. textiles) have been removed from the gyms.
– The supervising of the gyms has been increased, and the staff will make sure that the rules are being followed (e.g. the cleaning of the equipment).
– If possible, we would like you to come to the sports facilities with your training clothes already on in order to avoid unnecessary time in the changing rooms. We recommend that you take a shower at home.
– If you at any point get a positive corona test result, make sure to tell the health officials all the dates and times when you have visited the gyms. Your past reservations are listed in the electronic reservation system (Avoinna24): choose My pages and My reservations.