Recruitment of sports tutors for the academic year of 2021-2022 takes place between 12 Apr and 26 Apr 2021. Apply by sending an informal application to email@example.com (what do you study, what are your hobbies and thoughts on exercising and why you would like to be a sports tutor).
Sports tutors are part of CampusSport’s low-threshold services that aim at making exercising as approachable as possible. Tutors play an important role in reaching the students who do not exercise or do not feel comfortable getting to know the exercising possibilities alone. It is a rewarding job – a tutor might help somebody find the joy of exercising.
Tutor is a peer exerciser – a student who encourages other students to exercise. You do not have to be an expert or a professional athlete – it is enough that you are interested in sports.
Tutors encourage the students and staff members of the universities in Turku to exercise:
– Inspire new students to become CampusSport members: make them feel welcome, show them our facilities and introduce our services in events
– Work as sports buddies
– Facilitate a tutors’ own weekly Just for fun shift
– Organize events and excursions
– Are CampusSport ambassadors in their universities
– Help out with the courses and competitions
– Help out with marketing (IG, FB)
– What else? We would be happy to hear your ideas and thoughts
Being a sports tutor is voluntary work and our tutors do not get paid. Tutors get a free membership and they can participate in our courses and team competitions for free. In addition, as a sports tutor you will get experience in organizing events and speaking in public. And the most important thing: you will meet great people and get wonderful experiences!
Tutoring season lasts for an academic year. The busiest time is from late August to early October. Before the season starts, the tutors are required to participate in a 5-hour training and during the season do 40 hours of tutoring. Training takes place in May.